Monday 9 May 2011

STEELY NERVES

I had a dream at a young age
Sailing seven seas across 
For ushering in a new age

My heart engulfed with passion
My soul enlivened by motivation
I set sail for the challenging voyage

Hours, days and months gone
Ruthless time spared none
Even took away chums

Paying obeisance to Gods
Invoking blessings of Almighty
What else could I have done

Jealousy, the bane of humanity
Ambushed me too painfully
Seeing others sail ahead merrily

The spirit of competitiveness
Seized my dreams
Pushing me ahead ceaselessly

I strove, I slogged , I drudged,
I was a girl possessed
Steering a ship ahead

The rough winds battered
The thundering bolts frightened
The turbulent waters deterred

My heart beat fast
Testing my nerves to the last
Adrenaline rush mimicking a blast


There was I on the golden sands
Feeling relieved with sighs
I danced to the victory jives


Not the envy or the jealousy
But the sense of competitiveness
Thy name is success!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment